This time of year, life can get a little stressful especially when youre struggling to find the perfect gift for everyone on your list.
Staying present and giving gifts that bring joy and health benefits to the ones you care about can make all the difference! Weve compiled a gift guide to cover all the health and wellness bases fitness, nutrition, mindfulness, stress relief, hydration even skin care! We want to take the guesswork out your of shopping and find the perfectly suited health-conscious item for everyone on your list.
One of the first things to come to mind as far as health goes is fitness. Exercise is a great way to stay healthy especially during this time of year with the increased intake of tasty holiday treats, cookies and drinks. Here are some gift ideas that make exercise fun!
Fitness classes and memberships
There is such a broad range of fitness classes available these days that youre sure to find something to meet everyones interest:
- Consider barre classes for less intensive, more relaxing exercise.
- Kickboxing and martial arts classes for the more adventurous types.
- Variety class packs give a little taste of everything for those looking to start a new routine.
- Dance classes like Zumba or salsa lessons are great for those less interested in the traditional gym route.
- Aerial yoga and goat yoga classes for those individuals who have tried all the fitness classes around!
Fitness accessories can help make working out fun and encourage participation and consistency:
- Who doesnt love a new pair of leggings? Companies like MyFitFix offer subscriptions that ship fitness apparel and accessories each month!
- Water bottles
- Glute bands
- Underwater headphones
- Kettle bells
- Arm bands
- Boxing gloves
- Gym bags
Think small accessories for stocking stuffers:
- Hair ties
- Pre-workout powder
- Ear buds
- Shaker bottles
- Yoga socks
Mental Health Gifts
Sometimes mental health is put on the back burner, but its just as important as fitness and can even directly impact your physical health. Fortunately mindfulness, meditation and yoga have not only been proven to be significantly beneficial, but also trendy driving even more people to place an emphasis on their mental health. Plus, when it comes to mindfulness and stress relief, there are a ton of great gift options!
Look for some of these items to promote mindfulness and relaxation:
- Adult coloring books
- Yoga mats
- Scented candles
- Meditation books
- A subscription to guided meditation apps such as Calm
- Essential oil diffusers
- Epsom salts
- Tabletop fountains
- Bath bombs
- Massage gift cards
And dont forget creative outlets! Piano, guitar, singing or painting lessons stimulate cognitive function while promoting mental health.
Meal kit delivery services like Blue Apron, HelloFresh and Home Chef make cooking healthy fun and easy. Theyre a perfect gift for young adults learning how to cook, busy families trying to manage multiple schedules or grandparents who might have a harder time getting to the grocery store on a regular basis. Healthy cook books are always a great option as well.
Certain kitchen appliances offer healthier alternatives.
- Air fryer: It is a great way to cook your favorite fried foods without oil!
- Soda stream: Perfect for the pop lovers who are looking for a healthy lifestyle change. Soda streams keep the carbonation but lose the excess calories and sugar. Pair this gift with fruit juices or flavoring to add a great taste to the healthy carbonated beverage!
- Bread machine: Ditch the preservatives and excess sugar by making and baking your own loaves!
- Blender: In this day and age, most people arent consuming the daily recommended amount of fruit and vegetables. Smoothies are a great way to combine a number of fruits and vegetables in a simple, convenient and quick way. Consider gifting a blender for someone who you think could stand to eat more produce.
Great Outdoor Gifts
Research has shown nature to be incredibly healing reducing stress, anger and fear and increasing emotional and physical wellbeing. Even something as simple as adding a plant to a room can significantly reduce stress. In addition to positively influencing mental health, nature usually means activities that get you moving keeping you fit and healthy.
Here are some great ideas to indulge the nature lovers in your life or inspire those who could benefit from more outdoors time.
The National Park Service offers their America the Beautiful pass for people to visit, experience and appreciate the outdoors. For only $80, the annual pass provides access to over 2,000 recreation areas and 100% of the proceeds are used to improve the areas youre visiting! Senior passes are available for only $20 per year or $80 for a lifetime membership what a deal!
Here are some other gift ideas for the outdoorsy people in your life hiking boots, hiking socks, camel backs, binoculars, day packs, camping gear, skiing and snowboarding lift tickets. Subscriptions such as the Homestead Box ship items like camping skillets and vegetable seeds right to your door!
A subscription to National Geographic Magazine or a mindfulness in nature book are perfect for older grandparents or those who cant always participate in adventurous outdoors activities.
Kids these days seem to spend more time in front of screens rather than enjoying all that nature has to offer. Pique their interest with gifts that get them connected to nature:
- Rock tumbler kits
- Fossil and arrowhead guides
- Underwater flashlights
- Butterfly grow kits
- Break open geode kits
Unique Health-conscious Gifs
- Skin care advent calendars: A healthy update to traditional candy calendars. Theyre offered by a number of different companies including Sephora, BareMinerals and Kiehls.
- Health DNA Kits: Learn about your genetics, predisposition to certain diseases, as well as the best fitness and nutrition choices for your body type with these kits. Theyre offered through companies such asAncestry and 23andMe.
- Brain teaser games: A fun way to help keep minds sharp in older adults and stimulate and improve early mental and cognitive function in young children. Whether its Sudoku, cryptograms, riddles, labyrinth puzzles or logic games, theres something that will appeal to everyone.
No matter what you choose to gift this holiday season, remember to stay present when it comes to buying presents! Support your family, friends and loved ones with gifts that promote healthy lifestyle choices and encourage fitness, mindfulness, nutrition and wholesome fun.